CHENANGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Wednesday morning, Chenango County announced that there have been two deaths of county residents from coronavirus.
In a statement, the county said, “It is with heavy hearts that we are reporting the first COVID-19 deaths in Chenango County. Our sympathies and condolences go out to their family and friends at this difficult time. We also want to use this moment to urge all residents to remain vigilant in the protection of themselves and each other thru [sic] the use of social distancing, good hygiene and staying home.”
So far, Chenango County has 79 confirmed cases of coronavirus, and seven of those people are currently hospitalized. There have also been 52 recoveries from COVID-19 in the county.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Boil water advisory lifted in Seneca County
- Report: Deaths in ICE facilities more than doubled in fiscal year 2020
- Trump caps refugee resettlements at record low 15,000
- Salmon season off to a dry start; rewards on the river still found
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.