(WSYR-TV) — The Chipotle restaurant chain is giving its employees what it calls “assistance pay.”
It amounts to a 10 percent increase in hourly pay for hours worked from March 16 to April 12.
The company is also expanding its emergency leave benefits to workers impacted by COVID-19.
Chipotle, like all restaurants, is still operating but is only providing takeout service.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Passenger killed, driver hospitalized after vehicle crashes into monument at Niagara Square in Buffalo
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Local Christmas tree farms offer new additions to keep customers and traditions safe this holiday season
- Bills LB A.J. Klein says it’s ‘imperative’ for Bills defense to play their best football down the stretch
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9