(WSYR-TV) — The Chipotle restaurant chain is giving its employees what it calls “assistance pay.”
It amounts to a 10 percent increase in hourly pay for hours worked from March 16 to April 12.
The company is also expanding its emergency leave benefits to workers impacted by COVID-19.
Chipotle, like all restaurants, is still operating but is only providing takeout service.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NBT Bank Stadium project to resume on Wednesday; work reclassified as essential construction
- Fire in Clay causes severe damage to home, no one hurt
- WATCH: Showers diminish overnight, new showers for some Wednesday
- Oswego City Police host kids’ storytime on Facebook
- Syracuse Police investigating after 19-year-old goes to hospital with multiple gunshot wounds
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9