CORTLAND, NY (WSYR-TV) — The City of Cortland is taking action to slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting activities in the city’s parks.
In an attempt to reduce large groups from gathering, the city is banning all team sports type games, such as basketball, baseball, football and soccer from city parks.
The Cortland Police Department and Cortland Youth Bureau also said tennis courts and playground equipment are off-limits.
People are allowed to walk or run on the park paths.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Juarez surpasses 2019 homicide totals despite lockdowns, pandemic
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Work on new border wall on hold while agency reviews water district’s concerns
- Camillus Police investigating hit and run, looking for dark-colored sedan
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9