ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — At Cornell University, the provost for international affairs has updated its guidelines for travel abroad because of coronavirus concerns. This comes after a couple of people tested negative for the virus in the campus community after experiencing symptoms.
Cornell-related student travel to countries where the Centers for Disease Control has given a level three travel advisory is prohibited. That includes China and South Korea.
The school says they will work with students who may be disrupted by the coronavirus.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Got an Echo or Ring? Soon, Amazon will use them to share your internet with a new ‘Sidewalk’ network – unless you opt out
- Drop off your teddy bears at Syracuse Crunch’s Teddy and Toys Toss Saturday
- Oneida County reports their most COVID-19 cases in a single day Friday
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, December 5th!
- News on the Go for Saturday, December 5th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9