ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Wednesday, Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon signed an Executive Order that directs all Onondaga County malls to close effective as of 5 p.m. Wednesday. This includes Destiny USA, Shoppingtown Mall, and Great Northern Mall.
McMahon says the Executive Order is a step to help remain ahead of coronavirus and to “enhance Onondaga County’s efforts to flatted the curve through social distancing.”
County Executive McMahon said, “Our community has come together in a truly remarkable way during this crisis. Let’s remember to check on our loved ones, neighbors and friends during this time and I am confident our community will emerge stronger than ever when this is over.”
As for restaurant take out service, Destiny USA Marketing Director, Nikita Jankowski says that they are filtering all foot traffic through the Carousel entrance, including food pickups.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 2021 income tax brackets released: Where do you stand?
- FORECAST: Chilly and still damp this afternoon
- Child car seat safety check event in Manlius on October 28
- ESPN’s College GameDay to broadcast live from Augusta National Golf Club, showcasing fall Masters Tournament
- FBI hoping to talk to owner of a wallet dropped off in 1981; Could be related to the disappearance of Tammy Mahoney
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9