(WSYR-TV) — Delta Airlines is stepping up in a big way and donating over 200,000 pounds of food to hospital and food banks across the country.
The company changed its service offerings to cut down on contact between passengers and employees.
With places like hospitals and food banks in desperate need of food, the airline sent its unused stock to places that need it most.
The foot is being distributed by organizations like Feeding America.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga County DA Bill Fitzpatrick discusses Saturday’s violence and curfew orders
- WATCH: Unseasonable chill and mainly dry tonight
- Cleaning up downtown Syracuse after Saturday’s protests
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- George Floyd protests continue in Syracuse, demonstrators are peaceful
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.