(WSYR-TV) — Delta Airlines is stepping up in a big way and donating over 200,000 pounds of food to hospital and food banks across the country.
The company changed its service offerings to cut down on contact between passengers and employees.
With places like hospitals and food banks in desperate need of food, the airline sent its unused stock to places that need it most.
The foot is being distributed by organizations like Feeding America.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York ranked first nationwide for digital learning plans, 9th best state for teachers
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- Find Great Stress Relievers At Witty Wicks
- Over $17 million in funding awarded to Plattsburgh and Saratoga airports
- Following lead exposure violations, New York Attorney General files lawsuit against Buffalo group
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.