(WSYR-TV) — Dyson may be known for vacuum cleaners and hand dryers, but the coronavirus has forced the company to shift its focus to ventilators.
James Dyson designed a new ventilator in just 10 days. Now, he’s making 15,000 of them to fight COVID-19.
Dyson sent a letter to employees confirming the British government’s order for 10,000 units.
The ventilators should be ready by early April.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NBT Bank Stadium project to resume on Wednesday; work reclassified as essential construction
- Fire in Clay causes severe damage to home, no one hurt
- WATCH: Showers diminish overnight, new showers for some Wednesday
- Oswego City Police host kids’ storytime on Facebook
- Syracuse Police investigating after 19-year-old goes to hospital with multiple gunshot wounds
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.