CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An electronics recycling event scheduled for Saturday at the Great Northern mall in clay has been postponed.
State Assemblyman Al Stirpe, who sponsored the event, said that Sunnking Recycling, which was collecting the e-waste at this event, has had four employees test positive for COVID-19.
Out of an abundance of caution, Stirpe says the recycling event has been rescheduled to Nov. 14.
People who have already signed up for the event have been notified of the change.
We want to thank everyone who pre-registered for this event for their patience and understanding of how important safety is to us. Recycling is essential to our community; however, right now, health is our top priority, even if that means pushing this event back a few days.Robert Burns — Director of Marketing for Sunnking
Anyone in need of cancellation can do so by emailing email@example.com or calling 585-637-8365.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- An overall wintry end to the meteorological winter of 2020-21 but…
- Colgate men earn the #2 seed for the Patriot League Tournament
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Florida country club
- Real estate: What $500K gets you in Tampa vs. Cleveland
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9