(WSYR-TV) — As countries around the world debate the potential economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic some are eager to get people back to work and restart their economies.
Germany is now slowly reopening commercial environments, like its famous auto industry.
A Volkswagen factory is starting to produce again — albeit slowly — and employees have to be safeguarded. Demand for new cars has plummeted, but nonetheless it is a step away from the crushing lockdown that so many people are continuing to experience.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Solvay-Geddes Community Youth Center reopens with help of donations
- Potential COVID-19 exposures at pharmacy and liquor store in Utica
- Lawmakers react to unruly presidential debate
- Stopping the run is key for Bills vs. Raiders
- CDC advises families to stay home this Thanksgiving
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.