ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The coronavirus is causing panicked shoppers to clear out store shelves. Stores are struggling to keep up stock in food, water, and home and cleaning products.
Now, Wegmans is limiting the purchase supply of certain household items. Here’s what they are allowing per shopper:
- There’s a limit of four gallons of water, both purified and distilled.
- Tthere’s a limit of three on hand sanitizers, rubbing alcohol, in bottles or wipes, and hydrogen peroxide.
- You can only get two containers of disinfecting wipes, whether it be Wegmans brand, Clorox or Lysol.
- That limit of two also applies to 35 and 24 packs of water.
- Finally, you can only get one family pack of toilet paper at a time.
Wegmans says they are filling their shelves as soon as their shipments come in to try and keep up with demand.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- March 1 marks anniversary of New York State’s 1st confirmed COVID-19 case
- ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb’: March folklore explained
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- Sled for Red a ‘virtual’ success
- Olympic gymnast Hernandez enjoys solid return at Winter Cup
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9