NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Beginning Friday, group homes in New York State can allow visitation at their own discretion, as long as the state safety guidelines are followed. Hospitals also were given permission to allow visitation earlier this week, but nursing homes still have their doors closed.
Lawmakers and health officials say much more preparation would have to be done before that could happen.
On Wednesday, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo signed off on a bill requiring residential healthcare facilities to come up with an annual “pandemic emergency plan” to be sent to the Department of Health. That bill overwhelmingly passed the state legislature.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Reggie Gilliam’s success stems from lifelong family support
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s happening throughout Central New York Sunday
- Man stabbed multiple times in Syracuse Sunday morning expected to survive
- Sweet, energetic Terrier Pit Bull mix hopes to connect with forever family: Petsavers
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Sunday, September 27th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.