(WSYR-TV) — As the coronavirus shuts down many businesses, others are stepping up to help fight the pandemic.
Tech giant IBM announced over the weekend an initiative aimed at increasing access to top-notch computers for groups researching the virus.
The effort expecting to super-compute resources that should make COVID-19-based research much quicker.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Perspective helps F-M grad Ashley Twichell through Olympic uncertainty, looks forward to 2021
- Instacart workers plan to strike amid growing coronavirus crisis
- Beware of scams related to stimulus checks
- WATCH: Areas of drizzle, showers and patchy fog this evening
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.