AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Cayuga County Health Department says an inmate who was previously housed at Auburn Correctional Facility has tested positive for COVID-19.
The inmate was transferred from the prison on Tuesday, March 17, and the Health Department was notified of the inmate’s positive test results on Sunday, March 22.
Right now, the Health Department is working to identify any staff who may have been in contact with the inmate who tested positive. Those staff members are being placed in mandatory quarantine and being monitored daily for symptoms.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Dry weather comes to an end Saturday
- City of Cortland Police officer shot after responding to domestic dispute
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez
- 20-year-old from Onondaga Co. with COVID-19 asks people to ‘stay inside and stop being ignorant’
- Coronavirus relief package passes but it didn’t come easy
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9