NEW YORK CITY (WSYR-TV) — The Javits Center Hospital in New York City is closing on Friday after treating more than 1,000 patients over the last few weeks for coronavirus.
Only a few dozen patients were left at the hospital and they are being released before the end of the day.
The temporary field hospital was set up to ease the burden on hospitals in the city. However, the facility and the other three military-run field hospitals in the area will not be breaking down right away.
They will remain set up in case of a second wave of the virus.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Lights on the Lake set to kick-off November 16, with a few changes
- An Update With Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh
- Full-proof Candy Corn Fudge For Halloween
- Wine and Candy Pairings To Die For This Halloween
- Ithaca Police investigating homicide on West Green Street
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.