(WSYR-TV) — For the first time in a long time, the seven seas are officially empty of cruise ships.
The last major cruise ship to sail since the COVID-19 pandemic began has officially docked in Italy.
Local officials said the ship, the Costa Deliziosa, docked on Wednesday after aborting an attempt on Tuesday due to rough seas.
Healthcare workers boarded the ship to remove the body of a woman that died on April 6, which is not thought to be related to coronavirus.
The ship does not have any suspected cases of the virus at this time.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Breanna Stewart powers Seattle to Game One win over Minnesota
- First Student Syracuse bus garage grand opening on Wednesday
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- WATCH: Milder tonight, more summer-likely by week’s end
- Runway work complete at Hancock International Airport
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.