MADISON COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Sunday, Madison County Chairman John M. Becker declared a State of Emergency for Madison County as of 2 p.m. Sunday due to coronavirus concerns. This declaration will allow schools to close, if they chose.
As of Sunday, Madison County has no cases of coronavirus.
Read the entire declaration below:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Farm groups advocate for delay in Farm Laborers Wage Board report
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- Solvay-Geddes Community Youth Center reopens with help of donations
- Potential COVID-19 exposures at pharmacy and liquor store in Utica
- Lawmakers react to unruly presidential debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9