(WSYR-TV) — Former New York City Mayor and Presidential Candidate Mike Bloomberg making a big commitment to fight coronavirus.
According to Bloomberg Philanthropies, the billionaire is promising $40 million to fight the spread of coronavirus around the world.
The move coming after Bloomberg launched a program to help American mayors improve their coronavirus response.
The group said its Coronavirus Local Response Initiative will begin virtual convenings of United States mayors on Thursday.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York State troopers find cocaine in Lucky Charms boxes during Thruway stop
- Vehicle fire prompts brief closure of part of I-81 South
- WATCH: Rain moves back into CNY Thursday followed by some snow
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- Data Chart: Nearly 25% of registered voters in Onondaga Co. have voted already
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9