OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The American Dairy Association North East will distribute 4,000 gallons of milk and 25,000 pounds of food Tuesday at Oswego Speedway.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Recipients will get to drive onto the speedway track to pick up their food.
Organizers say this is a drive-up only event.
The ADA is working with Upstate Niagara Cooperative, the Food Bank of Central New York, the office of Assemblyman Will Barclay, and the Oswego County Legislature to provide the food through the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program.
No registration is required. There will be 400 boxes each of meat (10 pounds/box) and produce (22 pounds/box) to distribute.
Vehicles will receive two gallons of milk and one of each box, while supplies last.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sonic employees turn the pavement into dance floor for seven-year-old with Downs Syndrome
- 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9