OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Chief Medical Officer of Oswego Health, Dr. Duane Tull, announced a new triage center in front of the hospital’s emergency room entrance Wednesday during Oswego County’s COVID-19 update on YouTube.
The new triage center is located on the street outside of the West 7th Street entrance. It will be open and staffed from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Patients will enter the tent to be screened before being allowed to enter the emergency room.
Anyone who exhibits possible symptoms of COVID-19 or has been deemed to have had possible exposure will enter a second area of the tent to be further evaluated, treated, and be placed in isolation.
Wednesday begins a trial run for the new center. Oswego Health will formally announce their policies at a later date.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- WATCH: Milder tonight, more summer-likely by week’s end
- Runway work complete at Hancock International Airport
- Madison County Sheriff’s asking residents to be on the lookout for ‘porch pirates’
- Close to 100 COVID-19 tests done at NBT Bank Stadium on Tuesday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.