NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — Price Chopper/Market 32 is now offering booster shots of Pfizer in its pharmacies to people who qualify.
You can make an appointment here if you qualify. According to the FDA and CDC, the booster is recommended for the following groups of people:
- Those 65 years or older
- Residents of a long-term care facility
- Those 18 through 64 years of age with underlying medical conditions, meaning one of the following:
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Dementia or other neurological conditions
- Down syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus: Type 1 and Type 2
- Heart Conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies or hypertension)
- Overweight (BMI ≥25 kg/m2)and Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2)
- Pregnancy and Recent Pregnancy
- Smoker: Current and Former
- Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Substance use disorders
- Stroke or cerebrovascular disease
- Those 18 through 64 years of age who are at a greater risk because of their occupational or institutional settings, such as frontline workers including grocery workers, health care workers, caregivers for frail or immunocompromised people, people in homeless shelters and people in correctional facilities.
Those who received Moderna or Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccinations are not eligible for a booster dose at this time. More information about Price Chopper/Market 32 booster shots can be found here.