OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Oswego County Health Department continues to monitor a growing cluster of COVID-19 cases at an apple processing plant.
On Friday, six new COVID-19 cases were linked to Champlain Valley Specialty in the Town of Oswego. The cluster found at Champlain Valley Specialty now has 40 coronavirus cases linked to them.
Of the 40 positive cases, 35 are from residents of Oswego County. The other five positive cases are from employees at Champlain Valley Specialty that live in neighboring counties like Wayne and Onondaga.
Oswego County did not report any new positive COVID-19 cases in its Saturday update.
This spike of coronavirus cases was identified earlier in the week, and the New York State Health Department was called in to assist with testing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in arow
- Syracuse Police Department in final draft of 2021 reform plan but what changes are coming?
- SU star Tiana Mangakahia announces she’s turning pro after this season
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- March and it’s BIG swings are not unusual
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9