STEUBEN COUNTY, N.Y. — The Southern Tier is seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases.
The Steuben County Health Department says five residents of the Corning Center Nursing Home have died from coronavirus. This brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Steuben County to 49.
Several coronavirus deaths at the Corning Center were not previously released to the proper agencies.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- FORECAST: Less rain Tuesday but still rather cloudy
- NEW: Could ‘Zeta’ bring CNY late week snowfall?
- United Radio expanding operations out west
- Through adversity, Bills step up to the challenge with character win
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.