SYLVAN BEACH, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The coronavirus pandemic is forcing another closure of a Central New York summer staple.
The historic Sylvan Beach Amusement Park announced on Facebook that they will not be open for the summer season. In the post, they say they hoped for a July 4th opening, but say that a lack of guidance from state and regional authorities, along with staffing issues and attendance doubts, led them to the difficult decision to close.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- DEC enforcement of statewide plastic bag ban begins October 19
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- Attorneys for suspended Rochester police officers defend use of force on Daniel Prude
- High demand for flu shots as experts hope to avoid ‘twindemic’
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.