(WSYR-TV) — Wednesday, April 15 would normally be Tax Day, but the federal and state income tax filing date has been pushed back.
The new deadline has been set for July 15. President Donald Trump and Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that will give taxpayers more time to file and make payments without interest or penalties.
If you are expecting refunds, Trump said you can still file now to get that refund from the IRS more quickly.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Roundhill Group takes over Remington Arms
- Cayuga Co. public health director talks COVID-19 cases in the county
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Health care, abortion center stage in SCOTUS fight
- Why are people having a hard time finding flu shots for those 65 and older?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.