AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Tessy Plastics is partnering with a medical company, which will allow Tessy to produce coronavirus test kits.
Judson Vann, Vice President and Sales and Marketing at Tessy Plastics, says production is set to begin at their production plant in Auburn in 15 weeks.
The Auburn facility was purchased three years ago by Tessy Plastics, and is currently being used as a warehouse. With this ramped up production, the company says it will be able to hire 200 additional employees and produce 10 million test kits a month.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Another frosty night followed by a cool and sunny Sunday
- WATCH NOW: 6 p.m. update with Nicole Sommavilla and Storm Team Meteorologist Kate Thornton
- Coach Dino Babers has ‘no doubt’ that Orange can clean up mistakes after 0-2 start
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Package containing ricin, an extremely potent toxin, addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.