TOWN OF SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Town of Salina has declared its own local State of Emergency for 30 days.
This will allow for both full-time and part-time employees to be paid whether they’re working from home or at their normal office.
Non-essential employees will be allowed to work from home, in-person meetings will be canceled and access to Town Hall will be limited to help reduce the spread of the virus.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Custodians going the extra mile to keep students and teachers safe
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Josh Allen surprises young fan battling cancer
- Canceling the parade, stolen PPE, five deaths in a day: Watch NewsChannel 9’s ‘Dark Days’
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9