(WSYR-TV) — Tyson announced that it is suspending operations at a large pork processing plant after the plant was linked to a growing coronavirus outbreak.
The company had been keeping the plant open over the objections of local officials, warning that the closure would be a blow to hog farmers and disrupt the nation’s pork supply.
The Iowa plant employs nearly 3,000 workers and represents nearly 4 percent of America’s pork processing capacity.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York DMV expanding online services
- Oneida City Police Chief placed on administrative leave
- Baldwinsville woman arrested and charged with threatening to murder a congressman
- Rosamond Gifford Zoo welcomes baby Patas monkey
- SUNY Oswego pauses in-person instruction for two weeks due to climbing COVID cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.