(WSYR-TV) — Walmart is taking a step to help people who may be more vulnerable to the coronavirus.
The retailer is launching a pickup hour, at select locations, that is reserved for customers over 60 years old, first responders and others who are designated high risk.
Employees are also following enhanced distancing and sanitation orders to help prevent the spread of the disease.
Customers also don’t have to sign for their order and their purchases are loaded into their vehicles.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- SUNY Oswego student speaks out over remote learning
- Partners with paws: Border Patrol K-9s and their handlers graduate
- NY approved to pay out second round of Lost Wages Assistance benefits
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Fulton parents protest fall sports postponement
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.