(WSYR-TV) — New York State Police are asking for the public’s help in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.
If you have an emergency and have to call 911, police want you to tell the person who answers your call whether you or anyone in your home is experiencing flu-like symptoms.
This information will ensure first responders can prepare to prevent the spread of any illnesses.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Clear with a frosty chill and record cold possible tonight
- Time stands still at Thousand Island Park
- Bills QB Josh Allen tops first 300 yard game with first 400 yard game in week two
- 90-year-old Korean War Veteran surprised with motorcycle birthday parade
- Welcome home parade organized for Vietnam War veterans in Auburn Saturday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9