ALBANY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Governor Andrew gave an update on COVID-19 on Tuesday. Right now, New York State has the most cases of coronavirus in the country, with 1,374 confirmed cases and of those, 264 are in the hospital. Cuomo also mentioned that over 10,000 people had been tested throughout the state for the virus.
Governor Cuomo stated that with pandemics such as we are facing that uniformity works. He has been working with other governors to keep uniformity with other states. He stated that these rules are state-wide and not made by local leaders. He has heard that people have been upset with the local leaders for the closures that have been implemented. He said if people want to be upset with someone, be upset with him.
Cuomo stated that local leaders should not enact any rules without consulting with the State Department of Health to maintain uniformity.
Cuomo stated that the peak is expected to be at 45 days. He stated that there are no new rules or closures today, however, there may be more dramatic closings pending.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Frosty start to the weekend!
- WATCH: Head Coach Joe Judge Media Availability 9/18
- Mexico should make ‘immediate’ water payments to US, governor of Texas says
- Free Fishing Day taking place in NYS on Sept. 26
- New York announces starting dates for several small game hunting seasons
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9