NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — With people being directed to stay at home, telemedicine has been on the rise, allowing people to connect with healthcare professionals virtually. But with so many of these sites out there, you may not know which one is the best fit.
A new website now lets New Yorkers access telemedicine services best suited for them and allows people to search by their health insurance company or zip code. Once you find the options personally best for you, the site can launch you directly into a telemedicine visit. The goal of the site is to reduce hospital demand during these unpredictable times.
“You have mild symptoms of COVID, that’s actually the best place for you to be right now, is not going outside your house and not going to a doctor’s office and staying home, and talking to a healthcare provider either via phone, or via phone video, or online,” said Dr. Kimberly Kilby, Senior Leader of MVP’s Regional Medicine Directors.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Custodians going the extra mile to keep students and teachers safe
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Josh Allen surprises young fan battling cancer
- Canceling the parade, stolen PPE, five deaths in a day: Watch NewsChannel 9’s ‘Dark Days’
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.