(WSYR-TV) — A company with strong ties to Upstate New York is working to mass produce ventilators.
Xerox is working with Vortran Medical Technology to produce up to one million ventilators over the coming months.
The Go-2-Vent is not a replacement for standard ICU ventilators, but are helpful for patients who either don’t yet need that level of care or are coming off a ventilator.
Xerox announced that the company will produce the devices at its facility outside of Rochester, while Vortran continues to make them in Sacramento, California.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York ranked first nationwide for digital learning plans, 9th best state for teachers
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- Find Great Stress Relievers At Witty Wicks
- Over $17 million in funding awarded to Plattsburgh and Saratoga airports
- Following lead exposure violations, New York Attorney General files lawsuit against Buffalo group
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.