ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Oneida County, there is a warning that tainted or potent heroin may be making the rounds. Officials say it is possible that it is laced with fentanyl.
In the past 24 hours, there have been four overdoses, including one death.
Since September 1st, 16 people have overdosed and 10 of those have been from heroin.
The Oneida County Overdose Response Team is urging heroin users and their families to reach out for help. You can now text ‘opioid’ to 898-211 for help.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Poet Amanda Gorman earns instant praise for stirring inaugural poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo to hold briefing at 2:30 p.m.
- Interesting facts about presidential inaugurations
- Inaugural tradition: The meaning behind President Biden’s Bible
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9