BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Baldwinsville’s Police Chief confirms to NewsChannel 9 that a 15-year-old boy is facing arson charges surrounding a fire at an abandoned building in the village.
Chief Michael Lefancheck says that the boy, who is also from Baldwinsville, is charged with 5th degree arson, a misdemeanor.
The flames broke out around 7 p.m. this past Thursday at the building on Salina Street. The building was the site of the former Baldwinsville Redemption Center.
It took crews from seven departments about half an hour to extinguish the flames.
The investigation is continuing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A great afternoon for CNY under lots of sun and comfortable temperatures
- Host Chat; Monday 9/16/19
- Weather permitting, mosquito spraying over Toad Harbor Swamp scheduled for Monday night
- Paving project underway on part of Buckley Road
- Victory Over Violence: Yoga helps young students deal with trauma and grief
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9