BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Baldwinsville’s Police Chief confirms to NewsChannel 9 that a 15-year-old boy is facing arson charges surrounding a fire at an abandoned building in the village.
Chief Michael Lefancheck says that the boy, who is also from Baldwinsville, is charged with 5th degree arson, a misdemeanor.
The flames broke out around 7 p.m. this past Thursday at the building on Salina Street. The building was the site of the former Baldwinsville Redemption Center.
It took crews from seven departments about half an hour to extinguish the flames.
The investigation is continuing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Nottingham Bulldogs take down Bishop Grimes at MLK Basketball Classic
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9