SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Redhouse opens its new season with a new artistic director and a new spin on “Rent.” The Tony Award-winning Broadway musical will be done in the round.
The Redhouse is reaching out to the community in a new way this season, providing free tickets to people dealing with HIV and drug addiction, the very issues explored in “Rent.”
Digital Extra: Watch the group perform one of the songs from “Rent.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mother injured in mobile home explosion released from hospital
- What ever happened to the $500 million awarded to Central New York?
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nagi Aitbayeva: Extraordinary Talent
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9