Resources for people dealing with heroin addiction
A growing supply of cheap heroin is fueling an epidemic in Central New York and beyond.
For those who are struggling with addiction – or whose loved ones are – there are resources available for help.
Below is a list of services you can reach out to:
- New York State Hopeline: 1-877-8-HOPENY
- Upstate New York Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222
- NYS Combat Heroin Resources
- NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
- NYS Treatment Provider Directory
- NYS Treatment Provider Search
- Syringe Exchange Program
- NYS DOH Opioid Overdose Information
- NYS Senate Heroin Forum Report
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Administration
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Needle Disposal (Syracuse)