GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An old favorite has a new name. The International Building at the New York State Fair will now be known as The Eatery.
The indoor food court at the fair is getting the new name after discussion with the Fair and the building’s vendors.
“We meet with our vendor groups every year, and the International Building group suggested giving the building a name that better reflected what went on inside. The vendors felt that attendance has risen so much in the past few years that some new fairgoers may not have known what was in the building. Now, it will be impossible to miss,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
In addition to the new name, five new vendors will be added:
- Dang’s Café, which will bring its Vietnamese specialties from its Syracuse restaurant to its new Fair stand
- Babcia’s Pierogi, which was a hit at its 2018 Fair debut for its Polish specialties. The mobile stand will be back as Buffalo-based Babcia’s expands into a second location
- Fresh Mex Mexican Grill, offering tacos, burritos and other Mexican fare
- Lumpy’s Sandwich Company, offering sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hotdogs, PoBoys and other hot and cold sandwich items
- Poutine Gourmet, providing the Canadian staple of cheese curds melting among hot French fries and gravy, which debuted as a mobile stand last year
The Eatery also underwent some renovations over the winter. The Fair removed an elevated seating area to open up more areas for other seating and to improve traffic flow.
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9