ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — An Adirondack farm, a Niagara Falls church, and a Schenectady apartment hotel are among 18 properties and districts nominated for the New York state and national registers of historic places.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the nominations Friday. He says placing the landmarks on the historic registers helps ensure they have the funds needed to preserve and promote them.
There are more than 120,000 historic buildings, structures and sites across New York state on the National Register of Historic Places.
The current nominees include the Asgaard Farm in Au Sable Forks, the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church complex in Niagara Falls and the five-story Alexandra Apartment Hotel in Schenectady.
- Ancramdale Historic District, Ancram
- Bigelow-Finch-Fowler Farm, West Lebanon
- Alexandra Apartment Hotel, Schenectady
- The Koda-Vista Historic District, Greece
- The Powers Building and Hotel, Rochester
- East Marion Main Road Historic District, Southold
- Frederick and Annie Wagner Residence and St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church, Smithtown
- James H. Case III and Laura Rockefeller Case House, Van Hornesville
- Palatine Bridge Historic District, Palatine Bridge
- Fultonville Historic District, Fultonville
- Hasbrouck Stone House, Fallsburg
- James Baldwin Residence, New York
- Dorrance Brooks Square Historic District, New York City
- Fourth Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, Brooklyn
- The 32nd Precinct Station House complex (later known as the 40th Precinct and the 30th Precinct), New York
- Asgaard Farm, Au Sable Forks
- Western New York Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church Complex, Niagara Falls
- Delaware Avenue Medical Center, Buffalo
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9