CONSTANTIA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Two people have died from their injuries after a crash on State Route 49 in Constantia.
The crash happened around 7 p.m. on Tuesday right in front of Joa’s Pizza on State Route 49.
According to State Police, the driver of a pickup truck was making a lefthand turn into a business and did not see the motorcycle.
The driver of the motorcycle, Brian Zepp, 48 from Syracuse, couldn’t avoid the truck. That’s when he and his passenger, Lori Zepp, 55 from Syracuse, were ejected from the motorcycle.
The driver of the pickup truck, Carl Macrina, has been issued two tickets, failure to yield the right of way and moving from a lane unsafely.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Still warm Wednesday, but becoming less humid
- Schweinfurth Art Center completes air system upgrades as new exhibit opens
- Car thefts continue to be a problem across Central New York
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- 1 sent to hospital after shooting in Ithaca
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.