ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A two-month investigation into auto stripping has ended in a second arrest in Oneida County.
Colton Shaffer, 21 of Rome, has been accused of damaging several vehicles by stealing their catalytic converters for scrap. New York State Police said that he partnered with Richard Tennant Jr., who they arrested earlier in January.
Shaffer has been faced with an additional charge of burglary for allegedly stealing catalytic converters from cars in a barn outside of Rome. He then sold them to a business in Marcy, according to police.
Shaffer has been taken to jail on a $5,000 bail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Immigration, other issues persist, but view of border distorted, Texas Tribune panelists say
- Border wait times hinder flow of commerce, hurting American companies
- Study: Unemployment may be low, but many jobs don’t pay enough
- WATCH: One-on-one with Syracuse sophomore Emily Engstler
- Out and About: Find out some of the events happening this weekend
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9