ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A two-month investigation into auto stripping has ended in a second arrest in Oneida County.
Colton Shaffer, 21 of Rome, has been accused of damaging several vehicles by stealing their catalytic converters for scrap. New York State Police said that he partnered with Richard Tennant Jr., who they arrested earlier in January.
Shaffer has been faced with an additional charge of burglary for allegedly stealing catalytic converters from cars in a barn outside of Rome. He then sold them to a business in Marcy, according to police.
Shaffer has been taken to jail on a $5,000 bail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Last weekend for extended outdoor dining in downtown Syracuse
- Bus hits and kills woman in Watertown Friday
- Cayuga County announces potential COVID-19 exposure and upcoming testing clinic
- Weedsport Elementary School has positive COVID-19 case, unsure if school will reopen Monday
- GOP expecting President Trump to name Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9