(WSYR-TV) — $20 million in state money is being made available for airport renovations across the state.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Office said the money will go to support safety improvements, modernize operations and increase plane capacity.
The Airport Capital Grant Program, which is 100 percent state-funded, is part of the state’s $275 billion infrastructure program.
Recent improvements at the Syracuse Hancock International Airport were cited in Cuomo’s press release to show the importance of airport upgrades.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mexican president draws protesters, desperate pleas for help during visit to Tijuana
- Syracuse superintendent defends last-minute decision to go remote instead of county’s plan to test every student
- WATCH: Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon gives COVID briefing
- Fourth suspect arraigned in Auburn murder case
- Arizona certifies Biden’s victory over Trump
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9