(WSYR-TV) — $20 million in state money is being made available for airport renovations across the state.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Office said the money will go to support safety improvements, modernize operations and increase plane capacity.
The Airport Capital Grant Program, which is 100 percent state-funded, is part of the state’s $275 billion infrastructure program.
Recent improvements at the Syracuse Hancock International Airport were cited in Cuomo’s press release to show the importance of airport upgrades.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- Syracuse men’s soccer scrimmage with Virginia cancelled due to positive COVID-19 test
- Boil water advisory issued for some residents in the Town of DeWitt
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Cleaning and teaching happening at Durgee Jr. High while students learn from home
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9