SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A tribute to Central New York’s unsung heroes in the health field was held on Wednesday night and NewsChannel 9’s Christie Casciano had the honor of emceeing the event.
Sponsored by Bankers Healthcare Group, the event recognizing healthcare industry leaders, like Dr. David Lehmann.
Dr. Lehmann founded Housecalls for the Homeless, a program that provides medical care, free of charge, to the homeless directly on the street.
It was a very inspirational night, honoring Central New York healthcare champions and their teams.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: Partly cloudy and a bit more humid, but not too bad tonight
For more local news, follow Christie Casciano on Twitter @CCascianoNC9