UPDATE: As of 9:24 p.m. on Wednesday, the aerial spraying of the Cicero Swamp and surrounding areas was completed.
(WSYR-TV) — Aerial spraying is still on thanks to favorable weather conditions. The Onondaga County Health Department is giving the green light to fly over the Cicero Swamp Wednesday night.
The designated spray area is bound by Route 31 on the north, Northern Boulevard on the West, Taft Road on the south and Chittenango Creek on the east.
The spraying is scheduled to take place after 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
This is done to reduce the number of mosquitoes carrying dangerous diseases like EEE and West Nile.
Some important reminders:
- Keep your windows closed for at least one hour after spraying
- Keep pets inside
- Set window AC to circulate the air
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Rain changing to snow over CNY overnight
- Clemson player Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Wells College remains COVID-19 free 9 weeks into the semester
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- Differing views on abortion, immigration set candidates in Texas’ 16th District apart
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.