WATERVLIET, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A Watervliet couple has been accused of unlawful surveillance in bathrooms, according to the Albany County District Attorney’s office.
The DA’s office says at least one child was videotaped as well.
James Hewitt and his wife, Valerie Hewitt, were charged with unlawful surveillance and endangering the welfare of a child. Both turned themselves in on Tuesday.
A judge ordered them not to use public bathrooms as the case moves forward.
Both have bailed out of jail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Oneida County warns of possible public exposures to COVID-19
- Cuomo: NY hospitalization rates and percentage of positive tests for COVID-19 remain low
- Syracuse men’s basketball adds Green Bay to non-conference schedule for 2020-2021 season
- Remembering Benny Mardones
- Ideas For What To Serve At Your Summer BBQ