WAYNE COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The man accused of murdering a Wayne County mother and her son has now admitted to the crimes.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s office says Alberto Reyes pleaded guilty to causing the death of Selena Hidalgo-Calderon and her 14-month-old son, Owen. Selena and Owen were reported missing in May of last year
“I don’t know how you bring closure or find justice when two young people are killed like this. The suffering, the loss. There is some solace I think consented was on board with this, sparing them from the turmoil of having to relive this again which is always something that’s in our minds,” said Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts.
Selena’s body was found days after a missing person report was issued. Deputies said her body had been wrapped in plastic and left in a wooded area near a farm on Joy Road in Sodus. Remains believed to be Owen were recovered in October.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic
- An Oregon school district’s unique approaches to keeping students fed
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9