SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The American Red Cross hosted a successful blood drive at the Fairgrounds this year, despite the fair being cancelled due to COVID-19.
The Red Cross adapted with this year’s goal being 376 units. Thanks to the generosity of the Central New York community they were able to collect 409 units of blood.
Donors in Onondaga County blood drives from Sept. 9 until Sept. 19 will receive a $3 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Overwhelming response at the Helping Hounds bottle drive this weekend
- Fayetteville school hosts safe trunk-or-treat event for students
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- DeRuyter hosting a drive-thru flu shot clinic Monday
- A bowling alley, Walmart and Price Chopper in Utica may have all been recently exposed to COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.