CASTILE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A young bald eagle is on the road to recovery after it was rescued at Letchworth State Park over the weekend.
A visitor of the park noticed the eagle near the edge of the gorge with a wing injury and alerted park officials.
A park police officer and two officers with the Department of Environmental Conservation quickly teamed up to rescue the bird, which was taken to Cornell for care and rehabilitation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria
- Chase for the Championship | The ACC has a new leader as tournament time approaches
- ‘No veteran will be left behind:’ Despite vaccine stress elsewhere, Syracuse VA is ‘well-oiled machine’
- Looking to get married soon? Here is what to expect with new guidance
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9