MEXICO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) –State Police tell NewsChannel 9 two people were hurt, one critically after a car struck a horse and buggy along State Route 3 in the Town of Mexico, Oswego County Thursday afternoon.
Investigators say the buggy was hit from behind causing both occupants to be ejected. The car that struck the buggy then hit a large rock retaining wall and a utility pole before coming to a stop.
The two people in the buggy were taken to Upstate University Hospital. 44-year-old Anna J. Miller of Pulaski suffered a several head injury and is listed in critical condition. Andy J. Miller, also 44-years-old suffered a back injury.
The two horses were severely injured and were euthanized per the owner’s request.
The driver of the car was not hospitalized. No tickets have been issued but the investigation continues.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 47 charged in hefty Capital Region drug bust lead by Attorney General
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Overturned tractor trailer halts traffic on Rt. 26 in Oneida County
- SDA teams prepare for U.S. Youth Soccer Eastern Regionals
- Consumer report: cold brew coffee is easier to make than you think
- Women express concerns that vaccine could impact fertility
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9