UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — An apple that could last up to a year in a refrigerator is starting to hit grocery store shelves!
It took researchers and farmers two decades to make the Cosmic Crisp Apple. It’s a mixture of Enterprise and Honeycrisp Apples. The acidity of the Cosmic Crisp supposedly prevents it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
Only 450,000 boxes are available this year, but next year, there should be more than two million boxes, so keep your eye out!
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Governor Cuomo calls for investigation into racist graffiti found at Saranac Lake
- Starbucks to mandate facial coverings in all company-owned cafes starting July 15
- St. Elias Middle Eastern Festival Is Heading On The Go
- Learning About Empathy In Action CNY
- Wines To Enjoy This Summer From Vinomania
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9