CAMILLUS, NY (WSYR-TV) — The Applebee’s restaurant located on West Genesee Street in Camillus is closing.
According to a posting on the New York State Labor Department’s WARN page, the restaurant plans to close by October 25.
The notice, filed by the restaurant’s owner, identified as TLC West, LLC says a total of 32 employees will lose their jobs.
The notice sites the reason for the closing as economic.
New York’s WARN at, or Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification, requires companies planning layoffs of more than 25 to notify the workers, the state, and local economic development officials 90 days in advance.
Stephanie Griffin, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations at TL Cannon, an Applebee’s Franchisee, sent NewsChannel 9 this statement:
“While our Applebee’s restaurant at 5241 W. Genessee Street in Camillus was a planned closure due to lease expiration in October, all 32 team members will be offered positions at our nearby restaurants in the Syracuse area. We greatly appreciate our Camillus neighbors’ patronage for the past 15 years, and look forward to continuing to serve them at our locations in Dewitt, North Syracuse, Liverpool and Auburn.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- More information sought on coronavirus deaths of nursing home residents
- Following 18-month investigation, Senate passes bill protecting Olympic athletes from abuse
- Oswego contractor facing larceny charges in multiple counties
- WATCH: Drier, but a few scattered showers still around tonight
- Oswego County man arrested on Florida warrant
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9